If you are looking to develop a connection with the Filipino community near you or have a strong desire to celebrate your cultural identity in a meaningful way, consider getting involved with a local group or organization that shares your particular interests and values. There are a number of Filipino groups and organizations in the Phoenix area. These groups provide opportunities to connect with your fellow Kababayans, participate in cultural events, and contribute to the Filipino community in Arizona as a whole. From dance groups to business associations, there is something for everyone. Let’s take a closer look at some of the Filipino groups in your area and how you can get involved.
Where to Find Filipino Groups in Arizona?
Information about Filipino groups and/or Filipino organizations can be found by simply conducting an online search. However, most will find it easier to utilize our online directory which provides details about them in a convenient central location. You will find that several of these groups have websites and social media pages that provide additional information about their activities, however, a lot of this information can also be found on our Events Calendar. Here are a few examples of Filipino groups currently on our list:
How to get involved with a Filipino Group or Organization
Getting involved with a particular group or organization can be fairly simple and straightforward. Here are a few suggestions that can help you get started:
- Research and identify the Filipino groups or Filipino organizations of interest to you.
- Visit their website or Facebook page to learn more about their events and activities.
- Attend their events and activities to meet other members and get a feel for the organization.
- Consider becoming a member of the organization to support its mission and activities.
- Volunteer to serve on a committee or provide help during an event or activity.